Odour Management Team
The issue of odour management came to the attention of CASA through its government, non-government, and industry stakeholders. Various odour management issues have been identified by CASA project teams and stakeholders over the years and, in September 2012, the CASA Board agreed to establish a multi-stakeholder working group to further screen and scope the issue and draft a project charter that designed a process to assist a larger group of stakeholders to engage in a focused discussion to advance odour management in Alberta. The CASA Board of Directors approved the Odour Management Project Charter in March 2013 and established the Odour Management Project Team (OMT).
The OMT and task groups were composed of government, non-government and industry members. All deliverables were developed and accepted based on consensus agreement of all members. More details are available in the Team’s Project Charter.
If you have further questions about the Odour Management Team, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The team will present its final report and the Good Practices Guide for Odour Management in Alberta to the CASA Board of Directors in September 2015.
The team’s work was divided into seven cross-cutting topics, recognizing that the same issue might be addressed under more than one topic.
- Odour assessment
- Enforcement/Role of regulation
- Continuous Improvement
The OMT formed task groups to examine five of these topics in detail: Health, Complaints, Odour Assessment, Prevention and Mitigation, and Enforcement and the Role of Regulation. Because the two other areas – Education, Communication, and Awareness; and Continuous Improvement – were relevant to all five topics, the OMT chose to undertake the work themselves at the team level and requested each task group provide advice in these areas rather than establish specific task groups to address the two topics.
- Odour Management Team Final Report to the CASA Board, September 2015
- Odour Management Project Final Presentation, September 2015
- Health Task Group Final Report, March 2015
- Health Task Group Final Presentation, March 2015
- Prevention and Mitigation Task Group Final Report, April 2015
- Prevention and Mitigation Task Group Final Presentation, April 2015
- Complaints Task Group Final Report, May 2015
- Complaints Task Group Final Presentation, May 2015
- Odour Assessment Task Group Final Report, May 2015
- Odour Assessment Task Group Final Presentation, May 2015
- Enforcement and the Role of Regulation Task Group Final Report, June 2015
- Enforcement and the Role of Regulation Task Group Final Presentation, June 2015